Saturday, June 7, 2014

But Does it Work? Pinterest Bathroom Cleaner Test

So if you're like me you forget what you have pinned on your Pinterest account. Thankfully, Pinterest let's you know when you've already pinned something from a certain link.

But if you're also like me, you're kinda OCD and try to go through your pinterest board. Well in my "Cleaning and Organization" board I kept seeing very similiar pins for a homemade bathroom cleaner.
Picture by One Good Thing by Jillee

The theme? They all use a combination of vinegar and dish soap. 
Now, I don't know if it's because of the generation I grew up it but I kinda rolled my eyes and thought yeah right, like THAT'S going to work. But I gave it a shot especially since most bathroom cleaner makes me sick either nausea or I get dizzy.
So what's the recipe?
1 part vinegar, 1 part dish soap.
BUT
some people increase the amount of soap or ADD water because of the smell of vinegar and some complained about the dish soap being difficult to wash off.
Also, if you have to go to the store to find vinger, look both in the cooking section and cleaning section to see which type is cheaper. The vinegar in the cleaning section will just be labeled as "cleaning grade vinegar."
My little concaution

So I took all of this into account and made my mix.I used a spray bottle that you can fine at Sally's or your local convenient store. The whole bottle last me an average size bathtub including the walls.
I filled up my spray bottle pictured aboveup to the line with vinegar and filled the rest with soap.
Then, you give it a little shake and squirt it all over your bath tub. You let it sit for at least an hour (mine was probably like 3 hours because I kinda forgot about it hahaha) Next, use a rag and elbow grease to scrub out all the grossness. After, rinse your tub and enjoy your clean bathtub!
Sorry, because I haven't been feeling good my picture didn't come out that well.
Happy pinning!
Aly



No comments:

Post a Comment